February Wrap-Up

7:07 PM

           
      Hi everyone, how’s life? I hope it’s good. I can’t believe it’s March already. Time really does flew, doesn’t it? Last month I read 8 books, not much compared to my January (14 books) but it’s still good for me.

Book I finished last February:


           
            Started on: January 19th, 2019
            Finished on: February 3rd, 2019
            Published on: May 5th, 2009 by Disney Hyperion (First published June 28th, 2005)
            Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult, Mythology
            Number of pages: 396 (Kindle edition)
            Goodreads rating: 4.24
            My rating: ★★★★★
            Synopsis:            
                        Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse-Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him.
            
            Lil. Review:
                     This was a re-read for me. I first read this book back in 2013. I love this book! It’s so easy to read, I like the characters, I like the plot, the story, the writing, everything. Can’t wait to read the sequel!



            
            Started on: January 22th, 2019
            Finished on: February 7th, 2019
            Published on: August 9th, 2016 by Thomas Dunne Books/ Harper Collins UK Audio
            Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult
            Number of pages: 448 (Kindle edition)
            Goodreads rating: 4.31
            My rating: ★★
              Synopsis:
                     In a land where three suns almost never set, a fledgling killer joins a school of assassins, seeking vengeance against the powers who destroyed her family.Daughter of an executed traitor, Mia Corvere is barely able to escape her father’s failed rebellion with her life. Alone and friendless, she hides in a city built from the bones of a dead god, hunted by the Senate and her father’s former comrades. But her gift for speaking with the shadows leads her to the door of a retired killer, and a future she never imagined.
                  Now, Mia is apprenticed to the deadliest flock of assassins in the entire Republic—the Red Church. If she bests her fellow students in contests of steel, poison and the subtle arts, she’ll be inducted among the Blades of the Lady of Blessed Murder, and one step closer to the vengeance she desires. But a killer is loose within the Church’s halls, the bloody secrets of Mia’s past return to haunt her, and a plot to bring down the entire congregation is unfolding in the shadows she so loves.
                           Will she even survive to initiation, let alone have her revenge?

            Lil review: 
                           tbh, this is my second attempt to read this. I DNF-ed the first time I read Nevernight. I hate the writing style and those footnotes made me crazy! I hate it! The second time, I tried to listen to audiobook and I liked it better. I didn't like this book. It's too much. I didn't make any sense. The characters? meh. The story? interesting but not something that I'd like to read. I still want to listen to the sequel, tho. 


          
            Started on: February 4th, 2019
            Finished on: February 11th, 2019
            Published on: March 27th, 2013
            Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult, Fiction
            Number of pages: 357 (Kindle edition)
            Goodreads rating: 4.40
            My rating: ★★★★★
            Synopsis:

                          The Dursleys were so mean and hideous that summer that all Harry Potter wanted was to get back to the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. But just as he's packing his bags, Harry receives a warning from a strange, impish creature named Dobby who says that if Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts, disaster will strike
                            And strike it does. For in Harry's second year at Hogwarts, fresh torments and horrors arise, including an outrageously stuck-up new professor, Gilderoy Lockhart, a spirit named Moaning Myrtle who haunts the girls' bathroom, and the unwanted attentions of Ron Weasley's younger sister, Ginny.
                        But each of these seem minor annoyances when the real trouble begins, and someone -- or something -- starts turning Hogwarts students to stone. Could it be Draco Malfoy, a more poisonous rival than ever? Could it possibly be Hagrid, whose mysterious past is finally told? Or could it be the one everyone at Hogwarts most suspects . . . Harry Potter himself?
            
              Lil review        :
                          I read this for my #AyearAThon because the theme is Harry Potter and last month I just finished re-read of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone so I decided to read the sequel. I loooooove this book, what more can I say? I got a lot of interesting facts from the book, this is why I like the book better than movie. But still, I watched the movie right after I finished reading the book.


            Started on: February 3rd, 2019
            Finished on: February 11th, 2019
            Published on: April 14th, 2009 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (First published March 27th, 2007)
            Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance
            Number of pages: 485 (Kindle edition)
            Goodreads rating: 4.11
            My rating: ★★★★★
              Synopsis:
                      When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air.
                  It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?
               This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk.
                 Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...
            
              Lil review:
                        I never finished the series and I really want to finished them so I thought I’ll just continue with the sequel, but the problem is, I don’t remember what happened in the first book, so I re-read City of Bones and I’m happy I did that! I love this book! Not as much as I love re-reading Harry Potter but still, I love Jace!!!! It’s fun to read his sarcasm etc. I can’t wait to read the sequel (let’s see when will I read the sequel, tho. lol)



            Started on: February 10th, 2019
            Finished on: February 12th, 2019
            Published on: May 8th, 2018 by Simon Pulse
            Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Travel
            Number of pages: 400 (Kindle edition)
            Goodreads rating: 3.79
            My rating: ★★
            Synopsis:
                 Addie is visiting Ireland for her aunt’s over-the-top destination wedding, and hoping she can stop thinking about the one horrible thing she did that left her miserable and heartbroken—and threatens her future. But her brother, Ian, isn’t about to let her forget, and his constant needling leads to arguments and even a fistfight between the two once inseparable siblings. Miserable, Addie can’t wait to visit her friend in Italy and leave her brother—and her problems—behind.
               So when Addie discovers an unusual guidebook, Ireland for the Heartbroken, hidden in the dusty shelves of the hotel library, she’s able to finally escape her anxious mind and Ian’s criticism.
                   And then their travel plans change. Suddenly Addie finds herself on a whirlwind tour of the Emerald Isle, trapped in the world’s smallest vehicle with Ian and his admittedly cute, Irish-accented friend Rowan. As the trio journeys over breathtaking green hills, past countless castles, and through a number of fairy-tale forests, Addie hopes her guidebook will heal not only her broken heart, but also her shattered relationship with her brother.
                   That is if they don’t get completely lost along the way.
      
             Lil review:
              
             I was soooo disappointed with this book. I expect to read some cute contemporary but then I got bored with this. At first it was kinda good, but then the main character’s temper made me angry, too. I didn’t like the characters, that’s the main problem. I just didn’t like the book. I was gonna gave it a star but then I remember that their family-bond is kinda great so I add one more star but that’s it. 



            Started on: February 12th, 2019
            Finished on: February 13th, 2019
            Published on:  July 17th, 2018 by Atria Books
            Genres: Romance, Contemporary, New Adult
            Number of pages: 320 (Kindle edition)
            Goodreads rating: 4.30
            My rating: ★★★★★
            Synopsis:
                        Quinn and Graham’s perfect love is threatened by their imperfect marriage. The memories, mistakes, and secrets that they have built up over the years are now tearing them apart. The one thing that could save them might also be the very thing that pushes their marriage beyond the point of repair.
                   All Your Perfects is a profound novel about a damaged couple whose potential future hinges on promises made in the past. This is a heartbreaking page-turner that asks: Can a resounding love with a perfect beginning survive a lifetime between two imperfect people?
            
             Lil review:
                        As always, how do you expect me to live after reading CoHo’s book? I was devastated!! I cried with them! Oh my god! It was a solid 5 stars for me and no need to say more, right?



            Started on: February 14th, 2019
            Finished on: February 15th, 2019
            Published on: October 13th, 2009 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
            Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal, Angels
            Number of pages/ Hours of reading:
            Goodreads rating: 3.99
            My rating: ★★★
            Synopsis:
            A SACRED OATH
          A FALLEN ANGEL
          A FORBIDDEN LOVE

          Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.
        But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
           For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life     

             Lil review:
                        I listened to the audiobook right after I finished reading All Your Perfects because I need something easy. I like the book, but not really love it. The characters are so so, the plot and story too, but I guess I’ll continue the sequel tho.


         

            
            Started on: February 16th, 2019
            Finished on: February 26th, 2019
            Published on: January 2nd, 2018 by Little Brown Books for Young Readers
            Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult, Fae
            Number of pages: 384 (Kindle edition)
            Goodreads rating: 4.18
            My rating       : ★★★★
            Synopsis:
              Of course I want to be like them. They’re beautiful as blades forged in some divine fire. They will live forever.
          And Cardan is even more beautiful than the rest. I hate him more than all the others. I hate him so much that sometimes when I look at him, I can hardly breathe.

           Jude was seven years old when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King.
             To win a place at the Court, she must defy him–and face the consequences.
            In doing so, she becomes embroiled in palace intrigues and deceptions, discovering her own capacity for bloodshed. But as civil war threatens to drown the Courts of Faerie in violence, Jude will need to risk her life in a dangerous alliance to save her sisters, and Faerie itself.

            Lil review:
                        What. The. Hell. It was sooooo good! I love this book but some things just aren’t really for me. My fave was Jude, she was so determined, but the most surprising character for me was Cardan. I’d like to continue the sequel ASAP but I don’t want to wait for another year to read the third book, what should I do Have you read it?

That's it for my February wrap-up. There's book that I started on February but haven’t finished by the end of month: You by Caroline Kepnes and I'm sure by the time I finished with this blog post, I've already finished it because it was so interesting!

No comments:

Theme images by nicolas_. Powered by Blogger.