Book review: Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

9:17 AM

Point of Retreat  (Slammed #2)

by ColleenHoover

19390926


Publish Date: February 25th 2012
Pages:  320 (Kindle edition)
Genre: Romance, New Adult, Young Adult
My Rating: ✪✪✪✪

Synopsis:
Layken and Will have managed to overcome the obstacles that threatened to destroy their love, proving that they are destined for one another. What they are about to learn, however, is that the things that have brought them together may be the very things that ruin their connection forever…
Layken is left second-guessing the relationship whilst Will is jumping over hurdles to prove his love for her. What the young lovers discover about themselves along this journey may change their entire world and the lives of those who depend upon them the most...
 

My review:
I don’t like this book because of one reason: the break-up. It’s just, too much. When I read this book, no, it’s when I first read her name, I knew where this’ll go. I hate her, lol. It feels so realistic, but I was glad it happened.
 

I like this book, a lot. I love every character in this book, except V. How can someone creates characters that are so lovely like them? They might be weird, but I think that’s their charm. Lol
 

About the story, I cried along with Will and Lake when they’re hurt because I know how does that feel. And God, it hurts so much (why does a book gives me this kind of heartache?!?!). I cried when Lake got into an accident, I cried when Kel asked Will what’s going to happened if something bad happened to Lake, I cried when Will got Lake back, and I cried happy tears when they got married. Aaargh so much butterflying emotion!
 

I love how CoHo writes them, I love how she describes them. I love CoHo since I read Ugly Love, and I almost read her every book, but I don’t know why I have forgotten this series. It was just last week that I read Slammed, and I like it so much and decided to read the next book, but decided to just wait for my Kindle to arrive. I finished reading this book in a day, I wanted to finish it in one sitting but I have too much work, so...
 

And did I say that I love their poems? I’m not the kind of poem-lover, I don’t even read one poem, because it’s just not my thing. But their poem, I love it!
 

In short, I butterflying love this book, and Will, and Layken, and Kiersten, and Kal, and Caulder, and Eddie, and Gavin, and Sherry, and Grandpaul, and Grandma.
 

My favorite quotes:
“I don’t regret what I went through with her, though. We really did have a pretty good relationship, and I honestly think I would have married her had my parents not passed away. But only because I was naive as to what a relationship should be. What love should be.”
 

“And after only one date with Lake, I knew the connection between us was something more. It was more than I’d ever had with V, and more than I ever thought I could have with anyone. For that, I’ll be forever grateful to V for calling off our relationship when she did.”
 

“How can I love someone so much for so long, then have absolutely no sympathy for them whatsoever?”
 

“A guy can tell a girl he’s in love with her until he’s blue in the face. Words don’t mean anything to a woman when her head’s full of doubt. You have to show her.”
 

“Sometimes things happen in life that you didn’t plan for. All you can do now is suck it up and start mapping out a new plan”

No comments:

Theme images by nicolas_. Powered by Blogger.